Guiltless Sugar Cookies
These sugar cookies are a healthier alternative to the classic butter filled sugar cookies we are familiar with and adore around the holidays. By swapping out the butter for protein filled non-fat Greek yogurt, you get a naturally fat-free wholesome treat. Try these plain, drizzle on some icing, or even spread some Nutella on them for a little chocolate kick!
Ingredients (makes 2 dozen cookies):
1/2 cup no-fat, plain Greek Yogurt
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp. orange juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Use an electric mixer to cream yogurt and sugar until smooth.
2. Add the egg, orange juice, and vanilla. Mix ingredients until well combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating well.
4. Dough will be fluffy and sticky.
5. Chill dough at least 2-4 hours, or preferably overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or baking liner.
8. Scoop small balls of the dough (a little less than a tbsp) onto a cookie sheet.
9. Lightly sprinkle sugar on the tops.
10. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, be careful not to burn.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g 1 %
Saturated Fat 0g 0 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg 3 %
Sodium 71 mg 3 %
Potassium 7 mg 0 %
Total Carbohydrate 15 g 5 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
Sugars 8 g
Protein 2 g 4 %
Vitamin A 1 %
Vitamin C 2 %
Calcium 25 %
Iron 2 %
Recipe Adapted from: https://www.yeewittlethings.com/2014/01/low-fat-greek-yogurt-sugar-cookies.html